I WANT TO HELP MAKE EL DIA DE LOS MUERTOS A HUGE SUCCESS!
El Día de los Muertos cannot happen without the enthusiastic support of volunteers. Thank you in advance. It is much appreciated!!
Two Types of Volunteers
We have two types of volunteers, one who is working with a specific department booth, club, or SRJC organization, and the other who is willing to work for the general event.
SRJC Booths & Volunteers
- Each individual person working for the booth should also fill out the form to register as a volunteer for the booth.
General Event Volunteers
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to volunteer if they are not actively working at their own El Día de los Muertos booth or activity. Alumni, retirees and community members are encouraged to volunteer. Please indicate your size and color preference on the volunteer form and we will try to accommodate (while supplies last).
Below is a list of activities typically performed by general event volunteers.
- Greet participants at set up, and remind them when it's time for closing
- Assist participants and guests with information and issues during the event
- Hand out event programs and ask guests how they heard about the event
- Answer questions about event activities
- Help our guests find their way around campus
- Help our guests learn about our SRJC sustainability programs
- Assist with activities
- Provide performance support
- Help with setup or breakdown
A typical volunteer shift is 3.5 hours long, but we also have full-day volunteer options. Team Leaders and Color Zone Leaders work the full day - from set-up until their area is returned to normal.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the volunteer form below.